Google Android tablets and phones are becoming increasingly popular for personal and business use. Setting up your Weberz Hosting email account on these tablet and phones allows users to stay in contact with others with out having to be at their computer.
Setting up your Weberz Hosting email account on Android devices is as easy as following these steps. The screen shots below were take on an HTC Evo 4g mobile phone and may slightly differ from your device. A similar setting or button should be available on your device regardless of which Android based device you are using.
- Start by going into phone settings by pressing “Settings” button/application on your Android device. You may need to access this button from the menu rather than one of your home screens.
- In the Settings section select “Accounts & Sync”:
- Next click the Add Account account button towards the bottom of the screen
- On the “New Account” screen enter the your full email address and password and click the “Manual Setup” button
- On the Incoming Settings screen choose “IMAP” from the “Protocol” drop down menu.
Weberz also supports the POP protocol however imap will leave email on the server for you to download to your computer later unless you delete the email with your Android device.
- After selecting the protocol to use, enter the other information for your email account on the other settings screen.
- Email Address – Your full email address
- Username – Your full email address
- Password – Your email password
- Server – Normally mail.yourdomain.com
- Security Type – Choose “None”
- Server Port – Leave the default
- Check the Login Required Box
- Username – Enter your full email address
- Password – Enter your email password
- SMTP Server – Normally mail.yourdomain.com
- Security Type – None
- Port – Enter “25”. If your having problems sending email you can try changing this to port “587” in case your ISP blocks port 25.
Your Weberz Hosting email account should now be setup on your Android tablet or phone. In the next few minutes your device should contact our email server and begin displaying your email in the “Email” application.